Zrythm and the Zrythm logo are registered trademarks of Alexandros Theodotou in the United Kingdom.
Objective of this Policy
The objective of this trademark policy is:
- to clarify proper usage of Zrythm trademarks by third parties
- to prevent misuse of Zrythm trademarks that can confuse or mislead users with respect to Zrythm
Following are the guidelines for the proper use of Zrythm trademarks by publishers and other third parties. Any use of or reference to Zrythm trademarks that is inconsistent with these guidelines, or other unauthorized use of or reference to Zrythm trademarks, or use of marks that are confusingly similar to Zrythm trademarks, is prohibited and may violate the trademark rights of Alexandros Theodotou.
Any use of Zrythm trademarks in a misleading and false manner, such as untruthful advertising, is always prohibited.
This Trademark Policy explicitly affirms your nominative fair use rights under trademark law, including to:
- Use the Zrythm wordmark in text to truthfully refer to and/or link to unmodified programs, products, services and technologies by Alexandros Theodotou.
- Use the Zrythm logo in visuals to truthfully refer to and/or to link to the applicable unmodified programs, products, services and technologies by Alexandros Theodotou.
- Use Zrythm trademarks to make true factual statements about Zrythm or communicate compatibility with your product truthfully.
The following are explicitly forbidden:
- Use of the Zrythm wordmark as part of a company name or logo, a product name or logo, or branding.
- Use of the Zrythm logo as part of a company logo or organization logo or product logo or branding.
- Use of the Zrythm wordmark as part of an acronym.
- Use of Zrythm trademarks in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by the Zrythm project or community, if that is not the case.
All other uses of a Zrythm trademark require our prior written permission. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Alexandros Theodotou reserves the right to review all use of the Zrythm trademarks and to object to any use that appears outside of this Trademark Policy.
Software Distribution Policy
You may distribute unaltered copies of the Zrythm digital audio workstation (DAW) and related software (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the software") published by Alexandros Theodotou that include the Zrythm trademarks without express permission from Alexandros Theodotou (provided that the license of the software in question allows it).
You may further distribute altered copies of the software that include the Zrythm trademarks, provided that alterations solely serve the purposes of:
- porting the software to a free system distribution currently approved by the Free Software Foundation at https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html, OR
- porting the software to the Debian operating system, as published by the Debian project at https://debian.org/, OR
- porting the software to the Fedora Workstation operating system, as published by the Fedora Project at https://getfedora.org/, OR
- porting the software to the FreeBSD operating system, as published by the The FreeBSD Project at https://www.freebsd.org/, OR
- porting the software to the Arch Linux operating system, as published by Levente Polyak and others at https://archlinux.org/, OR
- fixing a bug in the software that has already been acknowledged by Alexandros Theodotou or CVE (https://cve.mitre.org/)
You may further redistribute copies of the software as published by the aforementioned software distributors provided that no further modifications are made.
In any case, you may not add or remove functionalities and you must preserve all messages presented to users in the user interface and the command line, including but not limited to:
- URLs pointing to official Zrythm web pages
- informational messages (popups, console output, etc.)
You must also provide a link to the original source code as published by Alexandros Theodotou at https://www.zrythm.org/.
Requirement of Written Permission for Modified Versions Including Trademarks
If you make any changes to the software not explicitly allowed above, you may not redistribute that product using any Zrythm trademark without Alexandros Theodotou’s prior written consent. For example, you may not distribute a modified form of the Zrythm DAW and continue to call it Zrythm, or include the Zrythm logo. If you wish to distribute modified versions of the software that include the Zrythm trademarks please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newer Versions of this Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. New
versions will be similar in spirit to the present
version, but may differ in detail to address new
problems or concerns. The file
the source code releases will always contain the
current policy at the time of each release.
Copyright (C) 2020-2022 Alexandros Theodotou
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this document, but changing it is not allowed.